Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ!
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Hairann wrote:
Quick quest for AN length. If you put a 'previously in' at the beginning of a story, such as I did with They are Pack, and plan to do with We are Mates, does that have to meet the 300 word limit? Cause technically that's not an AN, but with Mates I plan to do a recap for both Alpha and Pack, since it's been a while, and am quite sure it goes over 300 words.

Anyways let me know please.

My own feeling is that a recap is part of the story, not an Author's Note. As such, the 300 word limit has no bearing. If I hear anything to the contrary, I will be sure to let you know, but I have a feeling that this will be fine.

To my way of thinking - and I believe this goes for a lot of people - an Author's Note is something that, while related to the story, is not actually a part of it. A recap would definitely be part of the story, since the story progresses from there.

Hope that helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Yes, tyvm.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 696975
Yep, manga pictures as well

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
Priestess Skye wrote:
Honey-Bee wrote:
I read all the rules and I think you did a great job writing them out. I don't submit stories (fear of failure holds me back...), but I do post photo manipulations into the fanart section. I'd just like to know if posting manips, wallpapers and the like would still be allowed... I'm pretty sure the other rules mentioned that it was okay, but I didn't see photo manips being mentioned this time... Maybe I overlooked something? *Goes to read rules again*

that's fine. just a few things to keep in mind. youc an use any image that's a capture from the show, but if you're using somebody else's fanart in your work you need to a) ask for permission and b) attribute it to that artist

I avoid using fanart for any of my graphics (unless someone asked me to use one of their own fanarts, but that's it), but it's good to know that I can still use captures from the show.

...Would using images from the manga be allowed also?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 21:31 By Honey-Bee.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
piratequeen0405 wrote:
Clarification, please.

Under Rule #1: "By posting in any of the public places on this site, you also signify your awareness that all of your posts are subject to moderation, editing, and/or removal by the Moderators, or Administrators..."

Included in the list of "public places" is stories.

I've always assumed that no one may edit a story aside from the author, but the above quote suggests the opposite.

As admins, we do have the ability to edit a story, but I'll state now that I won't do it. My practice is to give a warning to the author, give them one week to make the changes else I will delete the fic in question.

But yes, we are capable of doing it in the most technical of senses. It's just easier for me to go in and delete a story than to go in and edit a part of a chapter, authors notes, etc. That and I wouldn't like a third party editing my fics without my permission so I give the same respect to my fellow authors. The other admins will follow this practice too for the same reasons.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Hairann wrote:
Quick quest for AN length. If you put a 'previously in' at the beginning of a story, such as I did with They are Pack, and plan to do with We are Mates, does that have to meet the 300 word limit? Cause technically that's not an AN, but with Mates I plan to do a recap for both Alpha and Pack, since it's been a while, and am quite sure it goes over 300 words.

My own feeling is that a recap is part of the story, not an Author's Note. As such, the 300 word limit has no bearing. If I hear anything to the contrary, I will be sure to let you know, but I have a feeling that this will be fine.

To my way of thinking - and I believe this goes for a lot of people - an Author's Note is something that, while related to the story, is not actually a part of it. A recap would definitely be part of the story, since the story progresses from there.

Hope that helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Okay, changed that to include that only authors are capable of editing their stories or Author's Notes.

Is better, yes?

~~me~~

Yes, thanks!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Okay, changed that to include that only authors are capable of editing their stories or Author's Notes.

Is better, yes?

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
piratequeen0405 wrote:
Clarification, please.

Under Rule #1: "By posting in any of the public places on this site, you also signify your awareness that all of your posts are subject to moderation, editing, and/or removal by the Moderators, or Administrators..."

I've always assumed that no one may edit a story aside from the author, but the above quote suggests the opposite.

I'm sorry, that was an oversight on my part... it is not intended to suggest that stories are subject to edits. Hmmmm, now to think about how to reword that...

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Honey-Bee wrote:
I read all the rules and I think you did a great job writing them out. I don't submit stories (fear of failure holds me back...), but I do post photo manipulations into the fanart section. I'd just like to know if posting manips, wallpapers and the like would still be allowed... I'm pretty sure the other rules mentioned that it was okay, but I didn't see photo manips being mentioned this time... Maybe I overlooked something? *Goes to read rules again*

that's fine. just a few things to keep in mind. youc an use any image that's a capture from the show, but if you're using somebody else's fanart in your work you need to a) ask for permission and b) attribute it to that artist

Logged Logged

Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26

Logged Logged
piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Clarification, please.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
knifethrower wrote:
I think that every fic longer than one chapter should be required to contain at least one hotspring scene. If the story is set in the future, a shower or hot tub scene may be substituted.

Okies... I shall make a list and keep track for the next rules update. Sound good?

So far we have:

Frilly shirts
Hot spring/hot tub

Any more?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
I think that every fic longer than one chapter should be required to contain at least one hotspring scene. If the story is set in the future, a shower or hot tub scene may be substituted.

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
Priestess Skye wrote:
angelic memories wrote:
Do past author's notes count?? I mean for stories we have posted some time ago?

Here's my take on this right now. I'm not going to ask you to edit every single author's notes you make. If we read and we see it, we might ask you to change it.

But all author's notes from now on should be 300 words or less. As long as I see this trend continuing, I'm happy. This rule has been around a long time, but if I went back to everybody who wrote old authors notes over 300 words i'd never get any new reading done

So, if you're asked about them, I suggest you edit or change, otherwise just make sure all new ANs are within the word limit

I will keep that in mind, though most of my notes are short and sweet so I don't think I have to worry too much... but it's good to know for those chapters I posted a while ago which may be over...

Thanks.

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
angelic memories wrote:

It's not like we're going to go through all 1,700 stories on the site and go after people. If something comes to our attention, we may ask the author to correct it. This Author's Note limitation was always part of the rules; I merely highlighted it to make sure that everyone was more fully aware of it.

Hopefully, this will set your mind at ease. You don't have to go through all your stories and check your notes. Just, please, keep an eye on them in the future?

~~Wiccan~~

Yes this helps and does put my mind at ease... thank you. And yes I will keep this in mind for the future.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
ladybattousai wrote:
Quick question! What happened to the frilly shirt clause in the rules? Are they still required in every fic or has that been changed as well?

Oh, doo doo. Did I miss something?? See? That's what happens when I am absent for long stretches of time and then try to do something on the site.

Mea culpa?

~~Wiccan~~

EDIT: I did ask Skye last night if there was anything I missed... maybe she missed it too?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 17:15 By wiccanmethuselah.

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -666
Quick question! What happened to the frilly shirt clause in the rules? Are they still required in every fic or has that been changed as well?

Oh and the required hot spring chapter clause as well!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 17:10 By ladybattousai.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
angelic memories wrote:

It's not like we're going to go through all 1,700 stories on the site and go after people. If something comes to our attention, we may ask the author to correct it. This Author's Note limitation was always part of the rules; I merely highlighted it to make sure that everyone was more fully aware of it.

Hopefully, this will set your mind at ease. You don't have to go through all your stories and check your notes. Just, please, keep an eye on them in the future?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
angelic memories wrote:

Here's my take on this right now. I'm not going to ask you to edit every single author's notes you make. If we read and we see it, we might ask you to change it.

But all author's notes from now on should be 300 words or less. As long as I see this trend continuing, I'm happy. This rule has been around a long time, but if I went back to everybody who wrote old authors notes over 300 words i'd never get any new reading done

So, if you're asked about them, I suggest you edit or change, otherwise just make sure all new ANs are within the word limit

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:
A/Ns: Author’s notes cannot be more than 300 words long. Do not respond to reviews or readers for more than 300 words. Please use the Private Messaging system for this purpose. Authors with notes over 300 words long will be contacted and will have seven (7) days to edit or remove the overly long note. Failure to do so will result in story deletion.

So Something like this is unacceptable?:

I've edited it to conform to the 300 word minimum and am sending it to you in a PM... hopefully this will be acceptable to you!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
A/Ns: Author’s notes cannot be more than 300 words long. Do not respond to reviews or readers for more than 300 words. Please use the Private Messaging system for this purpose. Authors with notes over 300 words long will be contacted and will have seven (7) days to edit or remove the overly long note. Failure to do so will result in story deletion.

So Something like this is unacceptable?:

Hello again everyone! *ahem* I got this idea a while ago and only just got around to trping up the first chapter on account of many things. First, I got distracted because of family duties (as you all may not know...I'm 18 and my 39-year-old mother is pregnant. The estimated date of my baby sister's birth is around my birthday- September 23) plus I've been on the chat for a while getting to know people. If that doesn't make me busy enough I'm a beta for three different authors (I thought I needed the practice since this is my first time being a beta..plus it would give me experience with my writing. Though my readers might say otherwise I'm far from where I want to be with regards to my writing) Secondly, I was just plain lazy (I usually am...sorry xDD)

I'm predicting this story will take up most of my time aside from betaing. So those of you who read my other works will have to wait a little longer because I'm going to have to pour all my attention into this story. I really want to make this the best story I've ever written. With that being said I have Angelic Memories as my beta (karma for you girl! ^^) She was very helpful with helping me figure out the basic plot and I know she'll help me with the small details later on.

Some of the characters in here that you don't recognize are characters I came up with just for the story but the characters I almost always use are Sakura, Ichiro, and Akihiro (If you want to know what Akihiro looks like just look at the banner in my siggie)

Disclaimer: Anything Inuyasha related belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The storyline and OC characters that will be introduced are my creations.

P.S Throughout the story I'll be using Japanese vocabulary and other things that may not be familar to most of you guys so I will graciously put foot notes and a glossary at the end of each chapter should I use unfamilar words just for your convienience. I hope that ya'll enjoy the story and don't forget to review and tell me what you think. I love the encouragement ^^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 16:41 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Hello All!!

The Dokuga Rules have undergone a lengthy revision and are now posted. I know, (grumble, grumble) more reading? Still, please review them to make sure you understand all the additions and/or changes.

Some things have been added. Some things have been clarified. Some things stayed the same. Read over them, even if you've been here from the very start, PLEASE?

Don't hesitate to let me, or Miss_K or Priestess Skye, know what you think. If there are things that aren't clear, questions, problems... we WANT to know!

Now back to your regularly scheduled fun, games, and fan fiction!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

kukuruza
Pup
graphgraph
Re:RULES REVISION - PLEASE READ! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
hi,all!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.