Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Possible bug report?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Possible bug report?
Belas
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Possible bug report? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

Since I haven't been here since a few days before the major upgrade, I don't know what's a bug to report, and what's still under construction so-to-speak. So, if this needs to be moved to the 'bug report' thread, then please feel free to do so, or send me a message & I'll copy & paste it there.

Either way, there are 2 things I've noticed, that I can't find in the thread discussions as yet.

1. The author profile page does not show any of the author's stories. They are searchable in the title search, but if you don't know the title, it's pretty much moot.

2. I'm just going to mention one story in particular for this one for an example, since I don't know that it's the norm. I believe the title is "Playing Kami" by Hairann -- dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/245/1 . Anyhow, this particular story has a prologue, which is chapter #0. I mention this because, as you may see when you follow the main link for the story, it takes you to chapter #1. AND for some odd reason, when navigating by the forward / back chapter buttons, you cannot go back to chapter #0. However, you can pick it (chapter #0) from the drop-down chapter menu.

I also have one further question... On the older Dokuga format, each story had a 'profile' page, which listed the chapters & how many words were in the chapters. Will this be something carried over to the new format? Or is the word count a thing of the past? I'm just curious....

Anyhow...

Miss Kagura & any others who happen to be helping with the new formatting, you've done a wonderful job, and thank you for all the hard work you have & are putting into this site to make it easier on us, the readers. It is deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,
Belas

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/03 16:13 By Belas.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Possible bug report? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Hey cool my story was used as an example

I believe that the stories not being listen under the author's profile is part of the move. If I remember correctly, Miss Kagura said she was still working on the fanfiction part and because we are unable to upload new fanfiction at the moment, she has that part down.

As far as it starting with the first chapter, rather than prologue, I am not sure. That may have something to do with her changing it so one-shots don't have to have a chapter number, but that's just a guess.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.