Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature?
HeartSpasm
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
I was just scrolling through my favorite stories and noticed that many of them haven't been updated in ages. Occasionally, writers obviously get writer's block/life in the way and can't update straight away, and then you get an update a few months later. I've found that I'm forever going back and reading either the entire story again or the chapter before.

I know I've mentioned it would be nice to be able to order favorites by latest update, but would it be possible (and I know you have loads on your plates, admins!) to set up some kind of personal favorites list where readers can actually type in their own little blurb that only they would see when logged in and viewing their favorites list to remind them of what the story/last chapter was about to help keep stories straight? Maybe some kind of editable text field below all the usual bits where the summary, rating, update info, etc is, but where we could just type in something to help us remember that specific story. I've got more than 10 stories on my list and sometimes I can't keep them straight! Would this be too hard to do?

Anyone else like this idea?

Edited for clarity.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/10/18 08:48 By HeartSpasm.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
I agree that would be a fabulous idea! Sometimes it is hard to keep track.

EP

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 51
This is doable! The notes would only appear on the favorites listing though, because it would be a resource waste to query for them in general story listing.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
HeartSpasm
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A More Personalized "Favorite Stories" Feature? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Really?! That's fabulous! I figured it would only be viewable in the favorites list and not in the actual fic listings. It would still be a great feature anyway! Brilliant! I'm so excited XD

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.