Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Formatting Issue
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Formatting Issue
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Formatting Issue 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
Since my other computer is being stupid, I moved to my older Mac. (iBook made in 2004 or 5 with OSX 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3.2) When I tried to post a story this morning I knew something looked off when I didn't have all of the formatting options at the top of the box like I do on my other computers. I took what I had from word and copy/pasted it into the box and submitted it. None of my formatting held when it went live. When I went to edit it, all of my formatting was there in the edit box, just not when it was submitted. In the end I had to move to wonky Mac long enough to post, and all of the formatting options (bold, italic, etc) were at the top of the box where the story is supposed to go. Wonky Mac is completely up to date with the newest versions of Safari and OSX.

I'm not sure if this was a bug or not, but I wanted to give you a heads up about the fiction posting bit not working so well with older Mac browers. Another user was complaining about a similar problem the other night in chat, and now I know what she's talking about. I'm not sure if she's a Mac user as well since it never occured to me that I should ask.

ETA: Works just fine on Opera; not sure about Firefox as my computer won't download it for some reason.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/30 15:31 By MomoDesu.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.