Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Suggestion: Bookmarking System
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Suggestion: Bookmarking System
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Suggestion: Bookmarking System 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
One of the sites I frequent that centers around the Harry Potter fandom, The Petulant Poetess, has a really nifty feature that I think the users here would appreciate.

At the top of each story there is a 'bookmark' button, so if you are reading a long story and have to leave the computer for whatever reason you can press that button and it will save your spot. In the account area, there is a listing of all of your bookmarks so you can check that list, find the story you were reading, and go back to where you left off when you are ready.

It's not only handy for those longer stories, but also for stories that you are following that are continually updated; you can add a bookmark on the last chapter so you can pick up when there have been updates.

In addition to the bookmark system, it also sends an email alert whenever any story you bookmarked is updated.

I'm not sure how such a system would work here, if it's even possible with the way the site is coded, I just thought that it was something nifty worth bringing up.

If you are curious about what I mean, or want to see how the system works on Petulant Poetess, here's a link to the site: www.thepetulantpoetess.com

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Suggestion: Bookmarking System 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 15
I usually don't like to yea or nay suggestions, but this is an excellent idea. I thought the "Favorite Stories" feature would have something like the above originally.

I also worry a bit on chapter length stories if I accidentally skipped a section when going back and forth to the computer (I do this often). Especially when the same author is working on more than one story at the same time.

Don't know how feasible this would be in the code you use for the site (or if anybody who manages the site is a programmer), but it would be a damn fine addition.

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.