Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dokuga Contest - a Live Journal Community
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Dokuga Contest - a Live Journal Community
forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dokuga Contest - a Live Journal Community 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 32
Hello! I'm forthright, a fandom dabbler and drabbler. About a year ago, I took on the responsibility of moderating Dokuga's official Live Journal branch. I guess you could call dokuga_contest a sister communtiy. Here's some of the pertinent information about what we do:

Weekly Perfection
There is a drabble contest every week, and the word count is set. For instance, if the word count for the week is 300, then your entry has to be exactly 300 words. No more. No less. Hit that mark, and you've achieved 'weekly perfection'. The length for entries varies from week to week, ranging from 100 to 400 words.
- New weekly themes are announced every Tuesday.
- Your deadline for entries is Monday, 11:59 p.m. (PST).
- Polling for each contest begins on Tuesdays.
- Winners are announced on Thursdays, shortly after noon (PST).
- All participants receive a small token for their efforts.
- Banners are provided for first, second, and third place winners.

Oneshot Contests
If fussing with word counts isn't your thing, that's okay. A bi-weekly oneshot writing contest runs concurrenly with the weekly drabble competitions. Entries must be 500+ words, which gives you plenty of room for creativity.
- Contest themes are announced well in advance. See the community's sidebar.
- New contests begin on alternating Mondays.
- Your deadline for entries will be on the second Thursday, 11:59 p.m. (PST).
- Polling for each contest begins on a Friday.
- Winners are announced on the following Monday, shortly after noon (PST).
- Banners are provided for first, second, and third place winners.

Ongoing Challenges
Our community hosts ongoing challenges for both authors and artists in an effort to encourage your creativity. There are a variety of prompts, and you can work at your own pace. In other words, there are no deadlines, and everyone who takes part can earn the banner sets that are offered. I'll post more about these contests on a new thread.

If you want to play along, you'll need open a Live Journal account (they're free). It's a relatively painless process, and there are a lot of us already active on LJ who can help show you the ropes. For instance, Priestess Skye recently created a very helpful tutorial that demonstrates how to post entries to a community like dokuga_contest.

This thread is primarily for FYI and FAQ, so let me know if you have any questions.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.