Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Anyone know about Krita?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anyone know about Krita?
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anyone know about Krita? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 64
Does anyone know anything about this Krita-paint program? I'm hesitant to download it until i can find anyone else who possible uses the program and get some more information on it.

krita.org/en/features/highlights/

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know about Krita? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 57
I looked into Krita too as an alternative to GIMP. It's actually originally designed for Linux systems, not Windows, so the previous versions before May 2016 would run super-slow on Windows machines. The latest version of 3.0 runs OK on a Windows machine, but it tends to lag opening large image files.

I usually for example work in 400MB files upwards to 25 GBs depending on what I'm drawing in the PC.

Krita can open GIMP files but it takes a while.

It's OK with a tablet, even thought I actually prefer it to GIMP. The Zoom function is alot easier to if you use a mouse. Pressure works if you're painting too. It's alot more fluid than GIMP which is still very clunky.

I've yet to make art in it, so I can't comment on the layers etc functions.

I need to mess with it more.

It's an OK substitute for GIMP, but the lines using it to draw aren't always smooth even with a steady hand.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Anyone know about Krita? 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 64
Pyreite wrote:
I looked into Krita too as an alternative to GIMP. It's actually originally designed for Linux systems, not Windows, so the previous versions before May 2016 would run super-slow on Windows machines. The latest version of 3.0 runs OK on a Windows machine, but it tends to lag opening large image files.

I usually for example work in 400MB files upwards to 25 GBs depending on what I'm drawing in the PC.

Krita can open GIMP files but it takes a while.

It's OK with a tablet, even thought I actually prefer it to GIMP. The Zoom function is alot easier to if you use a mouse. Pressure works if you're painting too. It's alot more fluid than GIMP which is still very clunky.

I've yet to make art in it, so I can't comment on the layers etc functions.

I need to mess with it more.

It's an OK substitute for GIMP, but the lines using it to draw aren't always smooth even with a steady hand.

~ Pyre

Thank you for the information ^_^

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.