Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question on OOC's and A/N's
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question on OOC's and A/N's
shintochick
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question on OOC's and A/N's 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
I am very new at actually posting stories online. I've written quite a bit but am just now getting the courage to post. I like to write Sesshomaru OOC compared to what he is in a strictly canon sense. Should I be alerting readers to this in an A/N? I know everybody has a different idea of what is considered OOC or a little OOC compared to a LOT OOC. I just want to make sure that I'm doing it properly and not angering any potenial readers.

Thanks-
shintochick

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Question on OOC's and A/N's 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 76
Some people like being told, other's don't. In the end it's up to you whether or not you want to tell them. I find that I don't mind, so long as he doesn't feel out of place in the story, and it doesn't stall the story then it's fine. I'm pretty sure a lot of people see it that way.

As I said, in the end it's up to the author. As one, I find that the less you listen to people who would actually grip about it, the easier it is to just write.

This being said... there is a difference between griping and criticism. If they really wanted to know they could just ask... right?

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Question on OOC's and A/N's 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Please also keep in mind that this site has rules prohibiting offensive reviews that gripe (unnecessarily, in my opinion) about whether or not the characters in the author's story are OOC.

One may point out, politely, that they feel the character is OOC, but one may NOT make a big deal out of it, like, "OMG, your Sesshy is SOOO OOC, you need to FIXIT," or something of that nature. We all need to remember that our authors are writing THEIR story, NOT Takahashi-san's. Yes, we're using her characters, but how things develop in any given story is purely up to each individual author.

If you wish to give fair warning that your characters will be OOC, by all means, put it in an author's note - but don't feel obligated to do so. Ultimately, what you do with the characters that Takahashi-san has given us is up to YOU!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.