Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY
Shizuka Asano
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Okay I've been a Sheskag fan for about a year and a half now and have read a TON of fanfics.
I noticed that some writers have the same method for courting and mating but others have a different interpretation for it.
I've noticed two specific mating methods standing out,
but I was wondering if there was a standard for it that I'm still unaware of or if I should just go with the flow so to speak when I progress to that point in my fanfic.
Same question applies for courtship.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/06/17 01:46 By WakaiAsanosama. Reason: Incorrect/distracting posting style

The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
I don't think there is any standard for it. It's all just something fanfic writers come up with by themselves. Do it how you like and it'll be fine!

Logged Logged
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Yeah I don't think there is a standard. Be creative and have fun with it! New ideas are always good!

-I do think writers have a tendency to revolve around similar ideas for a reason though. Speaking for myself, when dealing with the 'mating' aspect, I try to remind myself that Sesshy is a giant dog. Demon, yes, but first and foremost, a dog. So I tend to think he would mate like one.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Which one do you prefer? As the others have said, it really is up to you. To me, as long as it is written well and you are pleased I don't think you will have any issues. It could be interesting if you tie the two together and come up with something of your own.
That is the beauty of being a fan fiction author.

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Shizuka Asano
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Yeah, naturally the underlying basis is he'd mate like his animal counterpart.
I tend to over-research when I write anything,
so my question was mostly out of curiosity.
But I still wanted to be aware of it since I wanted this first fic of mine not to cause any raised brows if I didn't follow a standard
So all in all it didn't hurt to ask!
^ u ^
Thank you guys for responding.
<3

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/06/17 01:47 By WakaiAsanosama.

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
No worries! I am the same way. I want everything to be perfect. I actually liked the idea of Sesshomaru with a forked tongue like I had seen in some fanart, so what do I do? I put it into one of my very first Sesshomaru/Kagome fanfiction. I nearly died because someone did exactly that, raised a brow and questioned me. I was so embarrassed. Oh my!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
LOL! That's a hilarious question.

If there was a standard I believe we'd be getting spammed with 'Cease and Desist' orders from Sesshy, since we're discussing or speculating on his intimate habits.

In the end it's really up to the author how he's portrayed.

I think for moi the only thing that comes up is the lack of oddities authors write about him falling for Kagome, with them being from different species. Youkai vs. human. I mean I have never read a story where Kagome does something a human would think is normal, like touch Sesshy's hair without permission, which might be a huge invasion of personal space for a youkai, kind of thing.

It's a real shame that stuff like that isn't explored more.

Or even if Kagome is really nervous about Sesshy being able to go red-eyed and turn into a giant furry dog.

It's a thing I've not read of author's playing on that would seriously challenge the dynamics of their relationship.

Plus Kagome being a Miko and able to purify him too could lead to some hilarious bed-room dramas.

I wish there were more fics out there that explored these oddities.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Shizuka Asano
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
I can see receiving one command before he looked at us with murderous intent. xD

I could have sworn that I'd seen a few fanfics that played with those ideas,
but maybe that's just it.
Few is not many...

The reiki causing awkward moments in their passion reminds me of a show I used to watch.
Non-anime, but in the show, one of the female leads had the power to slow down molecules and she kept "freezing" her partner by accident during their moments

Maybe if the mood of the moment or story calls for it I'll use those devices myself. xD

It is curious though as to why people shy away from them.
I know some of them break the tension and draws people back from the "pleasure" bubble so to speak.
But I think with proper thought out placement they could be really great plot devices.
Even going so far as to add to built up tension to make the moment when it's relieved that much more better.
Thoughts?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/06/17 01:48 By WakaiAsanosama.

Omyouji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Mating and Courtship ways of Inu 18+ ONLY 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
I totally agree with Pyre, really depends on the Sesshomaru/Kagome you want to portray and the theme of the fic. The key is to just consider all the possible ways the characters would react in the scenario you're placing them. You can then consider which possible reaction makes the most sense with your story and exploit the shit out of it! Regardless of what direction you go with it, as long as you add detail and paint that picture in your head for your reader, they'll love it!

Though, if I could point one thing out, I'd say to thoroughly consider the background of your characters. For example, if you're going canon, consider that Sesshomaru comes from royalty, so he'd have a different view on how courtship / mating should be done. I think it would be pretty interesting to see an internal struggle within Sessho over the way he's courting kago vs the way he was taught to court a woman.

As for the comical interruptions, I think it really depends on the fic. I for one tend to write more dramatic, emotional fanfiction so comedy doesnt play a huge factor in my stories. Plus, I don't usually write a ton of fluff in my stories right off the bat (because I think there should be a long struggle before the fluff happens) so when it DOES come up, I have never considered having sessho transform, for example. Probably the only way I'd use it is as a way for a character to get away right at the last minute. Would be interested to see how other authors write it in though!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.