Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
DA's 3rd Quarter 2011
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: DA's 3rd Quarter 2011
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
Hello Dokuga!,

Dokuga Awards, are about to start up once again! This time there will be a few changes. As you know we had a lot of new categories this last round that we've never had before. Because of this, at least one older award was phased out. We're going to be adding to that list.

Currently, we are no longer nominating for 'Best Lemon Scene' as we have 'Best Lemon Fic', generally those two awards are almost mirrors of one another. This will still be an award that we are not voting for, along with 'Best Complete' and 'Best Doujinshi', as those are yearly awards, that we are currently not in the right quarter to nominate for them.

BUT, and this one will be a big change for some of you, as we have now added a 'Best Serial' specifically for drabble fictions, we are no longer going to be allowing Drabble Collections to be nominated for 'Best Drabble.'

What this means for you as nominators, and those that are being nominated is that if an author has a drabble collection that has 50 separate drabbles in it, that ARE connected making up a single fiction, these CANNOT be nominated in 'Best Drabble,' they CAN be nominated in 'Best Serial' though.

For 'Best Serial,' once an author has been nominated for their fiction, no matter the drabble title/chapter, it will count as one nomination towards their possible total of five. This will allow the Drabble collection as a whole to be nominated, while individual drabbles from the collection will simply fall under the whole collection nomination.

The reason behind this change is simply that the new award makes it somewhat unfair to all of those drabblers out there that make a single drabble not connected to any other in their fiction collections, if a series drabble collection is allowed to still be nominated for 'Best Drabble'.

Other news:

You still have a few days left if your making fiction or art to get something in for this quarter, Saying it now, will remind you later as well, that this quarter runs/has run from July 1st - September 30th, 2011.

Nominations will start on October 1st, and last until Midnight Oct 28th, changing to Oct 29th. 4 full weeks, or 28 days.
************please note dates are subject to change a bit, this is just the tentative announcement.

I think that's about it for now. I'll be sending out a site announcement in a few days when it's time to start nominating again, but I just wanted to put this out there so it wasn't a shock to anyone when they saw it again.

Also, if you had issues nominating last quarter, please take a look at the tutorial I think it was a great help to some! www.dokuga.com/images/gallery/originals/tutorials_15/tut_how_to_nominate_20110716_2002274504.gif

- Awards Admin, Sugar0o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/09/25 16:07 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 13
I love the way you separated the drabble vs. serial...

But.. I really wanted to post to say I loved your tutorial...

<3
~Smo

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 55
Thanks for the heads up!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
Just sent this out:

Hello Dokuga!,

It's time once again for Nominations! Nominations will be open until Saturday, October 29, 2011 at midnight. They can come from Dokuga, DA, PD, FFN, AFF, or another site as well, so long as they are matching up for the right category and date.

Please keep in mind that all nominations are only acceptable for works submitted on/between July 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011. All other submissions will be rejected, and you will be notified via site PM.

Please list the rating of all fanfiction nominations, as well as for art. In the cases of fanfiction, the ratings should be, K, K+, T, M, and MA. For Artwork, you can simply put E for everyone (meaning anyone can view this work) or MA for anything that is listed as 18+. Do not put N/A, 1/5, 4/10, A+, or 5 stars, etc, these nominations will be rejected, you will be notified, and you will have to submit again.

Please DO NOT nominate best Complete, Lemon Scene or Best Doujinshi. At the moment we are not nominating or voting for those this quarter. Any nominations for those will be rejected. Again like last quarter, with the new categories, and because of some coding issues, for these nominations you will need to place not only the fic/art name when asked to list it but what category you are nominating for in the first place.

You may NOT nominate yourself, nor are you able to lobby for or solicit nominations. If you are caught doing this any nominations for yourself will be pulled and you will not be able to participate in Dokuga's Awards.

NEW: Because we have Best Serial for oneshot collections, Collection pieces will not be allowed to be nominated for Best Drabble. If you have any questions about this, please visit here: www.dokuga.com/forum/16-awards/70723-das-3rd-quarter-2011#70723

For questions on nominations, please take a look at the tutorial here: www.dokuga.com/images/gallery/originals/tutorials_15/tut_how_to_nominate_20110716_2002274504.gif

Finally we do want you to have fun! So please nominate and support your favorite stories, authors, art works, and artist!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
Not attempting to bump this thread but it was either posting it here, or sending out a system email to let everyone know that the banners are FINALLY done!

You can view them here:

www.dokuga.com/awards/banners?quarter=16

Congrats everyone!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Wow! The banners look so amazing! Great job as always!! Thank you!

Logged Logged
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
The banners look amazing!
I wish I'd known to look here for the results, because I've been sitting on the edge of my seat since voting closed to know who won! XD

Anyway, thanks for posting!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
lol sorry about that! after voting is closed, it usually doesnt take too long to get the winners up, i try to have banners ready asap but this go around it seemed to take forever! but i'm glad you like them!

do you think i should have sent out a system announcement instead of this thread?

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 38
I think a system announcement should have been given~
I don't often look at the threads and I was doing the same as see03!
The banners look beautiful though<3

Logged Logged

Re:Congrats! DA's 3rd Quarter 2011 Winners! 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Holy Kami!!

The banners are lovely and I can't believe I won ANYTHING!! Thanks to everybody!

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
NOMINATE! DA's 4th Quarter '11 Awards 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 55
Nominations end tonight at MIDNIGHT! So, NOMINATE!!!!!
*scurries over herself to do so*

Logged Logged

Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:NOMINATE! DA's 4th Quarter '11 Awards 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
Aww I missed the noms =(

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.