Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Interested in Beta
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Interested in Beta
Brittany
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Interested in Beta 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Hi My name is Brittany! I am interested in finding a Beta for my story Sad Tale of the Blue Eyed Beauty. I write in spontaneous fits of energy but I don't always have the keenest eye for detail. I am willing to be open to suggestions and honest critique. I am willing to work around schedules too. This story is dark, tragic, beautiful, violent, and full of several different human emotions. Its not everyone's cup of tea but if you are willing lets go!!!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Discord
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Interested in Beta 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
I've done some beta work for others in google docs. I have a few quick questions for you. How long is your story currently (word count wise)? How long are you planning to make it? How long have you been writing fanfiction overall? And lastly, what is your time frame for updates (and therefore a beta's edits)?

Logged Logged
Discord
Pup
graphgraph
Also, fanfiction.net has a great beta network where you can find people to help you out too. (Or it *was* a pretty vibrant exchange, back in the day...)

Logged Logged
Brittany
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Interested in Beta 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Hi there, Discord! Everything so far is around 21,212 words so far. The average length of the fics is around 1414. I plan to make about 50 to 200 chapters max. The reason that I it will be so long is that it is three interconnected story arcs. I started a work back in 2015 with Wind That Changes. The story is still in haitus or will deleted because there was no definite storyline. It was a random rush of the moment. But my recent fic, which was created on the 10th of this month has a definite blueprint in my mind. I usually update randomly but I have a beta I am willing to post on google doc and give you a timeline of a week or two to review the story at your leisure. Honestly, I want to give my beta a reasonable amount of time to carefully read and critique. I rather have a quality story than something that is pushed out daily or weekly with no true care. (Pretty much my method of madness so far! Haha!)

If you are still interested by the information I have provided you, I have a few questions of my own. Did you have a chance to go over the fic? If so, can you get a feel about the direction of the story is headed? How comfortable are you with sensitive topics like abuse, death, sex and other dark themes? (Im not sure if you are aware this is an MA rated chapter story so they theme is very NSFW. )Also what is your expectations of Dokuga authors that you beta? If you were to decide to be my beta, I want to respect your time and effective know you methods of collaboration. I am a team player.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Logged Logged
Discord
Pup
graphgraph
We can chat more in PMs if you'd like, but I wanted to give you a quick reply here.

200 chapters is sounding like a bit too much of a time constraint for me. Especially since you've already written 15 chapters in only two weeks (you write fast, girl!). I'm also not overly-enthused with super, dark themes/scenes - not because they make me uncomfortable, but because they take SO much skill to execute effectively. I don't think my own skill set encompasses them, so I'm not sure how much help I could offer =P.

I could still look over your first chapter and give you revision ideas if you've never had a beta before. Just to give you a sense of what another's recommendations feel like as an author (although all betas are different).

Logged Logged
Brittany
Pup
graphgraph
Any help helps. I have so much time on my hands since the pandemic so I am writing at my leisure. If you could not tell I am very anxious too haha. I totally understand what you mean and I like a good dark story but I don't feel like I am overly great at executing details either. I want my readers to feel like they are going through what the characters are going through but even I do not think my writing is on that level. As I said, anything helps even a quick review of the story so far would help me get a sense of how my writing is coming across to people that are reading.

Logged Logged
LunaeriaDawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Interested in Beta 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I've done beta work on fanfiction and on AO3. I'd be interested too. If you want we can chat in dms about it..

Logged Logged
Brittany
Pup
graphgraph
Awesome I sent you one

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.