Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Did I waste today????
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Did I waste today????
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Did I waste today???? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I can't find the spoiler tags, if they are still on the list. So, the spoilers are really tiny.

I found out I couldn't use my financial aid towards buying books off of ebay, instead of paying full price at the bookstore. So, instead of only $18, the books look like they are going to be around $108 each. Finding no hope there, I stopped my hopes of buying cheaper books. Should I have continued? ~.~ Then, I noticed my dirty room still. Sure. I see floor, but only a small patch. Perhaps I should have cleaned it? I still can't chew very well, as I am missing a once baby tooth near the front, not to mention sometimes it still hurts to even smile from the now missing wisdom. So, should I have been making food that I can eat today?? (Many of this could be posted in that one forum game.)

Instead, I did basically one thing today: Warcraft III. I don't enjoy "World of Warcrack", but I do know now that I do enjoy RTSs a lot. O.O I just played a bit of this game for my first time last night. Today, that's about all I did except eat. (All that thinking makes me hungry.) So, while I exercised my brain with, at times, some crazy strategies and a child trying to tell me what to do in my game (my mother's boyfriend's son), I did nothing really to exercise my body....Unless you count walking my duppy to the mailbox and back exercise. >.< OH! I played some card games too. Final Fantasy *'s Tetra Master which can be played online.

So, was today a waste? I'm not completely sure. Even when I would play FF9, I usually got up and moved around or did the battle movements with the characters (I know it's odd).

My other question is, are there time when others find themselves questioning if they wasted the day or not? I have found pros and cons for today. While I probably shouldn't care since I enjoyed playing, I don't think my brain will let go. It might be fried a little from trying to help the human campaign mess itself up.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kori
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Did I waste today???? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
If you enjoyed yourself then it is never a wasted day darling. You sound like you had fun, I spent the day reading, and going to a flea market with hubby, and trying, unsuccessfully, to talk him into buying me the cutest little grey and black baby goat to go with my other two. lol everytime i go to the flea market i come home with an animal hehe.

now i am reading more and then going to bed, and tomorrow i am baking all day for a bake sale for a boyscout thing my friend son is having, since she can't bake she begged me too. Then again when he pulled out the shippo eyes, i had to give in.

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Did I waste today???? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
Of course it wasn't a wasted day. It's called R & R. It's what keeps us sane and allows those close to us to continue breathing. Otherwise the stress in our life would force us to choke them. We all need a down day occasionally to deal with life. Glad you enjoyed yours.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Did I waste today???? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
From the perspective of today, you cannot judge a given moment to be wasted. When you are middle-aged or old, so many moments that, at the time, seemed important are forgotten, while tiny and seemingly inconsequential moments become precious and poignant.

"My mind lets go a thousand things,
Like dates of wars and deaths of kings,
And yet recalls the very hour-
It was noon by yonder village tower,
And on the last blue noon in May-
The wind came briskly up this way,
Crisping the brook beside the road,
Then, pausing here, set down its load
Of pine-scents, and shook listlessly
Two petals from that wild-rose tree."

"Memory" by Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.