Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Beauty and Fashion thread?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Beauty and Fashion thread?
Sovereign State
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Beauty and Fashion thread? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
The age thread and a PM from MoxyMikki have given me an idea. (While I *should* be writing or doing my taxes, this just seems like more fun )

What beauty or fashion products do you splurge on or swear by? Something you scrape together for months to do like laser hair removal, or something you pick up from the dollar store or the flea market that you can't live without. I'm always looking for suggestions for new fun stuff.

My splurges:

Product:
Ole Henriksen - Pure perfection night creme w/ glycolic acid
Uses: Keeping me from looking like an old hag, and my skin from getting dull

I don't use this as per the instructions on the box. I apply it liberally after I take a shower and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Wait for the burn to recede (it does have acid in it). Then I rub vigorously removing layers of dead skin. Because my skin is sensitive, I wash it off before applying my make up. I do this once a week.

Product: CO Bigelow Lemon Body Cream
Uses: I have insanely dry skin. Nothing has worked until I used this.

The lemon oil is supposed to brighten your skin, it's hard for me to tell if I'm brightening as I glow in the dark from a lack of sun anyways (see profile). However, this works great for ultra dry skin. It's the next best thing from shay butter straight from the nut, and it's not as oily.

Cheap stuff I used to love:

Going to the flea market and buying shay butter straight from the source for $5. As in a dude with a machete carving up a giant nut in the back of his mini-van. He was at the Englishtown Flea Market in NJ, but I moved to the west coast and have yet to find another machete wielding dude selling beauty products from a mini-van.

Neat fashion thing I just found out:

Putting your jeans in the freezer is better than washing them. It kills all the bacteria and helps your jeans live a longer life. Washing them w/ detergent and drying them causes damage to the fibers. Also - they won't shrink. Have not tested this yet.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.