Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Posting Banners
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Posting Banners
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Posting Banners 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
Once again, I have forgotten the magic formula for posting banners on my profile. If anyone would be so kind as to provide me with the instructions, I'd be extremely grateful.
(And I'm not above resorting to bribery; I will give Karma.)
Please!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Posting Banners 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Himura Asami wrote:
Once again, I have forgotten the magic formula for posting banners on my profile. If anyone would be so kind as to provide me with the instructions, I'd be extremely grateful.
(And I'm not above resorting to bribery; I will give Karma.)
Please!

Heya, not sure what you're asking for exactly, unless it's to post images using the BB-Board tags in your Dokuga profile. If it is than just follow this guide I did fir SorrowfulKikyo like 6 months ago in another thread.

I'mma just repost it here:

Right, so it is hotlinking an Image URL. You'll only be able to do it by using the IMG tag in the BB - Board codes.

I can walk you through it unless you've already done so:

1 - Open a Photobucket Account.
2 - Log into your PB Account.
3 - Upload your image onto your PB account.
4 - Make note of the image URL of the image you uploaded onto PB. Copy that URL by highlighting it with your mouse, and either right-click with the right mouse button, and choose COPY from the dropdown menu, OR, hightlight the Image's URL and hold the CTRL key down on your keyboard and at the same time press the 'C' key.

The CTRL + C key are 'hotkey' shortcuts for the COPY function.

5 - Open a new browser window, and log into Dokuga.
6 - Go to your Profile page on Dokuga and click on the EDIT button, and select the UPDATE YOUR PROFILE option.
7 - Wait for the editing windows to load and open.
8 - Go to either the MAIN tab OR the ABOUT ME tab depending on where you want your stamps/images to show up on your profile page.
9 - Type in text or whatever you want on the ABOUT ME or the MAIN tab if you want to add in anything important like ficlet updates or something.

If you just want the stamp displayed you'll need to use the [IMG][/IMG] BB-Board tag to hotlink your image from your Photo Bucket account.

Just paste your PB Image URL that you copied before between these tags like this [IMG]imageurl[/IMG]

Note that you have to put 'IMG' in square brackets, will need two IMG tags, and have to close the 2nd tag off with an / in front of IMG like this as indicated above.

10 - You'll need to repeat the copy pasting of the image URL for any and all other stamps you use, using a separate pair of IMG tags for each one.

This is what I would do LOL, you may only need to use one pair of IMG tags for all of them. I don't know for certain.

11 - To check if your image link works, click on the UPDATE button at the bottom of your profile editing page on Dokuga.

This will save the changes you've made.

12 - View your profile page. The hotlinked image should be visible, if it isn't than your URL was probably incorrect, OR your [IMG][/IMG] tags weren't closed off properly.

13 - Repeat steps 6 to 12 and try again.

14 - If it's still not working you'll need to PM Mith or Roo or Wiccan or post into the forum asking for help from the Admins.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Posting Banners 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
There's an easier way to do it that doesn't require you to make sure you have your code correct; the[IMG][/IMG] part. I actually have a tutorial up on Dokuga explaining how which you can find here. Why it is easier than working with code is Dokuga actually has a button for adding images to the main or about me pages of the profile.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Posting Banners 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Hairann wrote:
There's an easier way to do it that doesn't require you to make sure you have your code correct; the[IMG][/IMG] part. I actually have a tutorial up on Dokuga explaining how which you can find here. Why it is easier than working with code is Dokuga actually has a button for adding images to the main or about me pages of the profile.

LOL,

Thanks Hairann. I actually forgot about that button. XD. I don't post images on my Profile page myself, it's too much hassle. I just remember using the IMG tags to post an image into my signature, but yeah using the image button is actually just an easier way of using an inbuilt form to essentially do the same thing, although with formatting added to make your images tidier on page. XD!

Go figure!

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Posting Banners 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
Karma for everyone! (As soon as the time limit wears off).
Thanks so much!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/08/06 10:08 By Kuro-kun.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.